Wednesday, September 9, 2026

fall is here y'all hehehe

Technically, fall starts on the 22nd of September. But the way climate change has this weather behaving... we might as well call it in early okay. So, to get in the fall spirit, we have to get our watch list in order because what is fall without some movies and shows to watch? 



Starting off with shows:

The Walking Dead (2010-2022): I talk about this show like it's my baby okay. I believe that it's good to watch The Walking Dead in any season. However, it just hits different in the fall. The storylines, the connection between characters, a comfort show that beats all odds. 

Supernatural (2005-2020): Supernatural is the epitome of a fall show. It has that eerie, rustic, fall feel. If you are going to consider watching any show on this list, this needs to be one of them. It includes the supernatural that feels tied to Halloween. So, if you want something to watch that feels more on the spookier side of fall, watch it and let me know if you think it's a fall feel. 

Strong Woman Do Bong Soon (2017): A supernatural K-drama that I will forever rave about. This show feels warm, buzzy, with lots of laughter, and a bit of an emotional connection between the two main characters that gets deeper as the show goes on. It's a feel-good show that keeps you on your toes and provides comfort during this season, which is what fall is all about. 

Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha (2021): One of my all-time favorite K-dramas that I always go back to rewatch. Now, this show is more of a spring/summer show. However, the sweetness of the show goes across the board. Your tooth will chip because of how sweet it gets between the main leads and how comforting love feels in the shadow of fall. 


Moving on to movies: 


Hocus Pocus (1993)
: Hocus Pocus is a very halloweeny vibe. But it still fits in that category for fall. A 90s classic that will have you ready to get into the spirit for October while the leaves fall. If anyone watches this for the first time, let me know if it puts you in that fall mood. 

Legally Blonde (2001): A 2000s rom-com that is perfect for watching in bed and you wanna take it back a couple years for a minute. It's a nice campus movie that speaks on many subjects in a different way than other films at the time that tackled feminine characters. 

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (2001): Nothing screams a fall nighttime watch for a movie more than Harry Potter. I truly believe all of the movies are fit to watch in the fall. But the aesthetics of the first one still blow my mind. Anytime I put it on, snuggling in bed and under the covers is a sign of a good fall movie. 

Halloweentown (1998): Halloweentown is an ultimate classic. I don't think there's much to say on this one except it's on everyone else's fall watchlist for a reason. 

Twilight (2007): If you don't have Twilight on your watchlist for this fall, put it on there. I recently watched all of the movies not too long ago and the weather was perfect. It was a rainy day with a cool breeze. The rewatch was needed and I do not regret it at all. 


How do we like the list?? Now, some of these shows might not appeal as much as ones that have a fall vibe. But it just makes sense to me. So, I had to. Hopefully I didn't sound too repetitive in my explanations. I wanted you guys to have vivid descriptions of the movies and shows in words that applied to them. So hopefully it landed nicely. 

- m <3

No comments:

Post a Comment