Friday, September 18, 2026

kelela has come to save us everyone

 album review 

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️


Hiiiii loves, 

Have any of you listened to Kelela's new music release? I absolutely loved her new album "new avatar". One thing about Kelela is that she tends to bring a new sound to every project she releases, and it never disappoints every single time. There were new songs included, and other previously released singles that were included on the album. These songs could somewhat represent different parts of herself when they were made. They still mesh well with the album as a whole. 

The balance of this album is so apparent when you listen closely. Kelela dives deep into the eye of a relationship that is essentially not working for either person. That sound continues to get more passionate and emotional as the songs go, and Kelela begins to tell a story of heartbreak, intimacy, passion, and vulnerability that many of us can be familiar with. 

My absolute favorites on the album have to be "if we meet again", "idea 1", and "point blank". BUT I genuinely love all of the songs on that album. I think about this album toooo much. The only rating that it could get is 5 stars! 

However, if you want to hear more of my thoughts on this album, check out an article with 2 amazing writers and me at i-candy zine. 🍭🌼💕 (SHOUTOUTTT I-CANDY)

click on the image to see the article <3

- m <3

No comments:

Post a Comment