film review: Spider-Man: Brand New Day
After watching Spider-Man: Brand New Day, I truly think that Tom Holland has emulated what Spider-Man is supposed to be and how I could only envision him to be Spider-Man.
It's completely insane going through the movies over the years. You can see him step more into the role of what Spider-Man is supposed to be, or the way that he is envisioning Spider-Man to be, and have that be conveyed through the screen. The acting that I saw in Spider-Man: Brand New Day really brought me back to old feelings of how Marvel movies used to make me feel growing up.
Even with seeing that Ghost Rider is having a new adaptation and they're falling through with it. With that being one of my favorite Marvel movies, I hope it gives me that same feeling. It's so interesting seeing these bits and pieces of our childhoods come to life through creation, creativity, dedication, and passion. That constant message of Spider-Man being there for other people and having to remind himself that he needs to have people be there for him as well, because not everyone can tough it out and do things on their own is such a good message. Especially in this time and age where things are feeling extra lonely for a lot of people in so many different situations.
And I think even with the way that he handled that conversation with MJ and how he felt about interacting with some of the people that forgot him, shows the thought that he put into the relationships that he once had and wants to continue to have. Honestly, I feel like as much as I love Andrew Garfield as Spider-Man, he is still my number 1. Tom Holland comes very close.

No comments:
Post a Comment