It's extremely interesting how I've seen K-dramas recently kind of devolve from how they used to be. Down to the rushed plots, the shorter episodes, the confusing scripts, and the same cliches that aren't being utilized in a fun way. Even down to the SOUNDTRACKS. One of the things that you could count on a K-drama to have is a good soundtrack. But now even that feels like it's lacking.
I'm not sure if it's a sense of a trend but every K-drama just feels so fast paced with no direction and if there is a direction, it isn't clear. Even the K-dramas that have a plot that I know that I would certainly enjoy, it doesn't seem to move me in the way that I hope for. I believe for this year, there have only been a good handful of dramas that I could say I truly liked. A couple years back, my list would absolutely be more than that and I can be extremely picky.
\
(it's getting scary now y'all)

as a korean...I agree!!
ReplyDeletei know right!!! i thought it was only me seeing this change. every new drama that comes out, it feels like i'm waiting for something and it just never happens.
Delete