film review: Leviticus
I would say that it's been around a month since I watched Leviticus for the first time and must I say how much of a good movie it was.
It was interesting with the way that they combined bibical themes, horror, and love all in one. Especially seen through the lens of young men in a town navigating who they are with the barriers around them. The pairing of Joe Bird and Stacy Clausen was amazing. Their chemistry is so natural and that's how it felt seeing the connection in the scenes they have together. Their performances were vulnerable and organic.
But as we see the natural connection they have in the beginning, the film starts to go on a darker path. We see the film explore themes of shame, people's opinions, and how much someone could go to extreme lengths to control you if they think it's for your greater good. The use of religion, religious symbolism, and showing that through the intensity of the acting of the cast was impeccable.
When I first watched it, I gave this a film 3.5 stars out of 5. But that was because I felt like I wanted more background like a bit of a look into how they came to like each other, you know that journey. However, looking back I don't even know if I truly care for that input of background. Throughout this film, you see two boys that like each other. That want to like each other with no other limits surrounding them. I think that's enough.
- m <3

No comments:
Post a Comment